Altitude Diver Specialty Instructor Course
is designed to be an introduction to altitude diving and to help your future students
develop the skills, knowledge and techniques necessary for altitude diving so they can plan and safely participate
in altitude dives between 300 and 3.000 meters using the RDP or their diving computers.
Priorities in the course:
You can do this Specialty Instructor Course on locations in Slovenia, Austria, Germany and Switzerland.
- planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of altitude diving.
- special Recreational Dive Planner procedures that must be followed when at altitudes above 300 metres/1000 feet.
- safety stops and emergency decompression procedures.
- special equipment, descent lines and buoyancy control considerations.
- limited visibility diving and underwater navigation techniques.
- overview of the physical aspects of the fresh water, altitude aquatic environment.
- cause, signs, symptoms, and prevention of hypoxia and hypothermia while altitude diving.
Be a renewed PADI Assistant Instructor (or higher rating) or have completed an IDC/OWSI within the last 12 months.
One day including one open water dive.
- AOWD Student Manual
- PADI Specialty Instructor Outline for Altitude Diving
- Additional to your other dive gear: Divecomputer for Altitude Diving, add. depth gauge