The purpose of the DSMB Diver course is to familiarize divers with the skills, knowledge,
planning, equipment, organization, procedures, techniques, problems, hazards and
excitement of diving with a DSMB.
The DSMB Diver course is intended and designed to be a
supervised introduction to diving with a DSMB. Training should emphasize fun and safety.
Priorities in the course:
- explain the planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of using a DSMB or a surface marker buoy (SMB) while diving,
- train student divers in the use of a DSMB and associated equipment,
- guide student divers in using the proper techniques and protocols for using DSMBs and SMBs in the local area.
Be a renewed PADI Assistant Instructor (or higher rating) or have completed an IDC/OWSI within the last 12 months.
One day including two open water dives.
- PADI DSMB Specialty Instructor Outline,
- Additional to your other dive gear: DSMB, spool or reel, knife or cutting tool (except where prohibited locally).