Instructor Development Course
The goal of our IDC program is rather simple: we will make sure that
you the future PADI diving instructor will be well prepared to work in the
diving industry. Almost anyone can train you to pass the IE but we want to train you
to get a job and be good at it. The IDC includes many useful workshops that will make candidates more prepared
for the real world after passing the IE.
During the IDC, which is typically a nine to ten day program, we will provide you all the knowledge
you need to feel safe and comfortable
while conducting presentations in the classroom, pool or open water. Practical workshops,
hints and suggestions as well as the correct use of the PADI Instructor Manual will make you
more familiar with the PADI standards & procedures in different kind of courses.
It's okay to make mistakes, no problem. We are there to encourage you and provide
help whenever needed. Our frequent counseling during the course will make it easy for you to
improve and feel more self confident.
The PADI IDC program is split into two parts:
Assistant Instructor and Open Water Scuba Instructor.
Instructors who are already certified on the instructor level with another recreational dive
training organization just need to join our OWSI program.
Prerequisites and Paperwork
To join the Instructor Development Course, you need to:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be certified as a PADI Divemaster or hold a leadership level certification with another diver training organization.
- Be fit for diving and submit a medical statement not older than one year, including the date of the IE.
- Certified diver for at least 6 months, 60 logged open water scuba dives. Have documentation of experience in deep, night and navigation diving.
- Submit proof of CPR and first aid training within the last 24 months.
- Submit documentation of any equivalent certification for entry-level, advanced, rescue and leadership-level issued by another diver training organization.
- If not a PADI Divemaster, successfully complete the PADI Divemaster Course diver rescue skill assessment.