Our business is introducing people with a dream to a new career and helping to
ensure your professional success. The goal of our IDC program is simple: We will ensure that
you the future PADI professional diving instructor will be well prepared to work in the
recreational diving industry. Almost anyone can train you to pass the IE; we want to train you
to get a job. The IDC includes many useful workshops that will make candidates more prepared
for the real world after passing the IE.
During the IDC, which is typicaly a nine to ten day programe, we will provide you all the knowledge you need to feel safe and comfortable
while conducting presentations in the classroom, pool or open water. Practical workshops,
hints and suggestions as well as the correct use of the PADI Instructor Manual will make you
more familiar with the PADI standards & procedures in all different kind of courses.
It’s okay to do mistakes, no problem. We are there to positive reinforce you or provide
help wherever needed. Our frequent counseling during the course will make it easy for you to
improve yourself and feel more self confident as an upcoming instructor.
The PADI IDC program is split in three parts. It starts with the so called self study section
which can be done online using PADI eLearning or on site during the first 2 days of your IDC.
The Assistant Instructor part of the course follows right after and then we go on directly to
the Open Water Scuba Instructor part of the IDC course.
Instructors who are already certified on instructor level with another recreational dive
training organization just need to join our OWSI program.
IDC Prerequisites and Paperwork
To join the Instructor Development Course, you need to:
Please also make sure to bring with you to the course:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be certified as a PADI Divemaster or hold a leadership level certification with another recreational diver training organization.
- Be fit for diving and submit a medical statement not older than one year, including the date of the IE. A licensed physician must sign and stamp the form and state that you are fit for diving. The physician signing the form may not be the applicant. (Please make sure that your medical statement is valid for the IE, too).
- Certified diver for at least 6 months + 60 logged open water scuba dives. Have documentation of experience in deep, night and navigation diving.
- Submit proof of CPR and first aid training within the last 24 months.
- Submit documentation of any equivalent certification for entry-level, advanced, rescue and leadership-level issued by another recreational diver training organization.
- If not a PADI Divemaster, successfully complete the PADI Divemaster Course diver rescue skill assessment.
- Medical statement (stamped & signed by a doctor) that you are fit for diving, not older then 1 year including the date of the IE.
- Logbook with at least 60 open water dives logged (you need 100 logged dives for the IE).
- All PADI certificates or equivalent in original (certification cards).
- At least two passport sized photos of you.
During the Instructor Development Course, you will need the following materials
(some of these are from your previous courses and come PADI offers as IDC crewpack):
Please contact us if you need any help ordering the needed materials.
Besides the above mentioned materials you will also need the following diving equipment:
mask, snorkel, fins, BCD with inflator, weight belt or integrated weight pockets,
scuba regulator, alternate air source, pressure gauge, appropriate exposure protection (wetsuit or drysuit),
watch (time measuring device) and depth gauge or dive computer, compass, cutting device (i.e. diving knife),
underwater slate, dive tables, emergency signaling device (acoustic and visual) and a pocket mask.
- PADI Instructor Manual
- PADI's Guide to Teaching incl. Sticker
- PADI Specialty Course Instructor Manual, or these specialty course instructor guides:
Peak Performance Buoyancy, Project AWARE and AWARE - Coral Reef Conservation
- PADI Open Water Diver Manual
- Recreational Dive Planner - RDP Table and eRDPML, including Instructions for Use booklets
- How to Use and Choose Dive Computers book
- Open Water Diver Quizzes and Exam booklet
- Adventures in Diving Manual
- PADI Rescue Diver Manual
- Rescue Diver Final Exams booklet
- PADI Divemaster Manual
- Divemaster Final Exams booklet
- Aquatic Cue Cards for OWD, AiD, Rescue, DM, DSD
- Confined Water Lesson Preparation slate
- Open Water Training Dive Lesson Planning slate
- The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
- Diving Knowledge Workbook or eRecord for Dive Theory Online