Open Water Scuba Instructor Course
Become a PADI Instructor
The IDC curriculum is split in three parts: Self study, the AI program and
the OWSI program. Certified diving instructors of other organizations have the possibility to
only participate in the self study part and the OWSI program as well as the Instructor Examination
to become PADI Instructor. Or you are a PADI Assistant Instructor and you want to take your
last step to become a PADI Instructor.
The goal of the OWSI program is, to let participant get to know better PADI as a diving organization,
especially if they have already experience in teaching diving courses through other organizations.
In other words: PADI's philosophy, student level courses and the teaching materials.
The OWSI program is concentrated to prepare candidates to teach PADI courses in the
future and give them essential background information to participate successfully in the
Prerequisites and Paperwork
To join the OWSI Course, you need to:
If you are crossing over from another training organisation, please contact me to make sure you are aware of all the requirements
and have all the information you need to become a PADI Instructor.
- PADI Assistant Instructor, or be a good standing member of another recreational diving organization since at least 6 months i.e.:
CMAS ** Monitor or higher, NAUI, SSI, PDIC, IDEA Instructor Level 2 or higher, BSAC Club Instructor or higher.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be a certified diver for at least 6 months and show prove of 60 logged dives in your logbook. (experience deep diving, night diving & UW navigation).
- Show proof of training in First Aid and CPR training within the last 24 months.
- Have a medical statement not older then one year, sign by a doctor and showing that you are fit for scuba diving. Please make sure it is still valid for the IE date, too.
- Show proof of all your certificates of the other diving organization, from entry level to rescue level plus any other leadership level as well.