The PADI Tec Deep Instructor course incorporates instructional philosophies and course goals that
directly address the demanding and challenging nature of technical diving instruction.
The course addresses the philosophy, organization, practical considerations, promotion and other
aspects of teaching the tec courses.
The instructor course itself is very demanding and the level of performance that is expected of the instructor candidates
is high. It typically lasts 5 to 7 days, depending on the candidates level of knowledge
and tec diving skill and of course also on the candidates performance during the course. The programe includes
knowledge development, practical applications, confined or limited open water and open water training and
is split into two segments: user level training and instructor level training.
If doing the course in one go in seven days is too time consuming candidates also have the option of splitting the course
into two halves, starting with the Tec Instructor and the finishing with the Tec Deep Instructor Upgrade course,
both lasting aproximately 3 to 4 days.
To get certified as Tec Deep Instructors the candidates have to assist a Tec 45 or Tec 50 course.
Tec Deep Instructor are qualified to conduct the Discover Tec experience and teach the
Tec 40, Tec 45 and Tec 50 courses.
- Current diving medical clearance signed by a physician.
- PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor, succesfuly completed both Enriched Air Instructor Deep Diver Specialty Instructor courses.
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives, where at least 20 dives were made with enriched air nitrox,
25 dives were deeper than 18 metres and at least 15 dives were deeper than 30 metres.
- PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer, Enriched Air Instructor, Deep Diver Specialty Instructor.
- Tec 50 Diver or equivalent.
- Have assisted with at least one Tec 50 course or one Tec 45 course.
- Have a minimum of 270 dives logged, with at least 25 stage decompression dives that had a
maximum depth deeper than 40 metres.
- Have certified a total of ten or more PADI Deep Divers and/or PADI Enriched Air Divers.
- Have successfully completed the Tec Deep Instructor Standards Exam and Tec Deep Instructor Theory and Practical Application Exam.
- Meet the peer review waterskill requirements listed on the Tec Deep Instructor Application through the attesting signature of a
Tec Deep Instructor or a PADI Instructor with a qualifying rating from another training organization.
- Minimum age 18 years.
7 days, knowledge development, confined or limited open water and open water training dives.
Tec Deep Diver Course Instructor Guide, Tec Deep Diver Dive Planning Slates, Tec Diver Exams, all the materials required of Tec Deep Diver students.
(not included in the course fee).